The Country & People of Lebanon
This page contains links to sites in Lebanon and Lebanon related sites.
For Middle East, North Africa, Arab and regional information visit Arab Countries
Lebanon, officially Republic of Lebanon, republic (1995 est. pop. 3,695,000), 4,015 sq mi (10,400 sq km), SW Asia, bounded by the Mediterranean Sea (W), Syria (N, E), and Israel (S). The capital is Beirut. Much of the terrain is mountainous, with two main ranges—the Lebanon in the west and the Anti-Lebanon in the east—paralleling the coast; the fertile Al Biqa valley lies between them. Until the disruption caused by the civil strife of 1975–90, Lebanon had a service-oriented economy, and Beirut, a free port, was the financial and commercial center of the Middle East. Through the 1980s the commercial and industrial life of Lebanon was in severe disarray, but by the early 1990s the economy had begun to revive. Banking, food processing, and the manufacture of textiles and chemicals are now economically important. Principal crops are citrus fruits, vegetables, olives, and tobacco. Remittances from Lebanese working abroad are an important source of foreign exchange. Most Lebanese are Arabs; there is a small Armenian minority. Arabic is the official language, but French and English are also widely spoken. The population is about 70% Muslim (mainly Sunni and Shiite, but there are other groups as well) and 30% Christian (mainly Maronite).
The site of the ancient maritime city-state of Phoenicia, the area later fell to successive Middle Eastern powers. Christianity was introduced under the Roman Empire and persisted even after the coming of Islam with the Arab conquest (7th cent.). In the late 11th cent. Lebanese Christians aided the Crusaders in the region. The area came under the Ottoman Turks in the 16th cent., and after the Turkish defeat in World War I it became part of a French mandate known as Greater Lebanon.
Since independence in 1945, Lebanon has been plagued by civil strife and problems with its neighbors. A member of the Arab League, it took little part in the Arab-Israeli Wars that followed Israel's independence in 1948, but the stage was set for future problems when many Palestinians fled Israel and settled in S Lebanon. Meanwhile, Lebanon's internal equilibrium was shaken (1958) by a rebellion against pro-Western policies, and U.S. forces were called in briefly.
In 1975 civil war erupted between leftist Muslims, aided by the Palestine Liberation Organization (PLO), and conservative Christians. In 1976 Syrian troops intervened, and a cease-fire was declared, but Israel and the PLO engaged in a sporadic border war in S Lebanon. In 1978, following a limited Israeli invasion, a UN peacekeeping force was placed in S Lebanon. Fighting continued, however, and in 1982 Israel invaded Lebanon, forcing out many members of the PLO and causing widespread devastation. A massacre of Palestinians by Lebanese Christians during the Israeli occupation of Beirut led to worldwide criticism of Israel and the establishment of a multinational peacekeeping force in Beirut.
In Oct. 1983 terrorist bombings killed over 230 U.S. Marines and French troops in their respective compounds, and both nations subsequently withdrew their remaining forces. The Lebanese parliament in 1988 proved unable to elect a successor to the Christian president, Amin Gemayel. Gemayel, on the expiration of his term, appointed a Christian general, Michel Aoun, as interim president, but Muslims challenged his legitimacy. In 1989 Arab governments brokered a peace agreement that produced a new constitution that increased the political power of the Muslim majority.
Elias Hrawi, a Christian, was elected president, but Aoun refused to step down and fighting broke out. In 1990, at Hrawi's request, Syrian troops attacked Aoun's position; Aoun fled to France, ending the civil war. Hrawi signed (1991) a treaty of friendship and cooperation with Syria that essentially guaranteed Syrian domination of Lebanon's foreign relations. In 1993, 1994, 1996, and 1999 fighting again erupted between Shiite Hezbollah (Party of God) guerrillas and Israel in S Lebanon. Hrawi's presidential term was extended for three years in 1995, as the country continued to recover from years of heavy fighting which had crippled its infrastructure and economy. Gen. Emile Lahoud was elected president in 1998. In May 2000, Israel withdrew its troops from S Lebanon.
The 2000 parliamentary elections brought the opposition back into power, and Rafiq Hariri became prime minister; he had previously held the office from 1992 to 1998. President Lahoud’s term was extended for three years by constitutional amendment in 2004 at the behest of Syria, which still maintains some 18,000 troops in Lebanon. The blatant meddling in Lebanese affairs caused a governmental crisis in Lebanon, eventually resulting in the resignation of Hariri’s government and the appointment of Omar Karami as prime minister. Karami had served as prime minister from 1990 to 1992. The UN Security Council denounced foreign interference in Lebanese politics and demanded that all foreign forces leave Lebanon.
Copyright (c) 2003 Columbia University Press.
Used by permission of Columbia University Press.
General information, cities, towns, municipalities, places, flag, maps, useful Information....
Economy, reports, statistics, banks, directories, jobs, investment, promotion....
General resources, heritage, art, literature, photography, cinema, music, song, dance, cultural, scientific, environmental, health, sporting entities & info....
Schools, colleges, academies, universities, polytechnics, institutions, research, resources, projects....
Ancient & modern history, human rights, politics & political parties, related sites, articles....
Newspapers, magazines, news, newsletters, news agencies, radio, TV, internet, articles, reports, cartoons....
Government, ministries, overseas missions, embassies, corporations, organizations, industrial entities, centres, public hospitals, institutions,
societies, foreign entities....
Airlines, air, sea & coach charters services, travel, tours, guides, hotels, resorts, inns, hostels, health, travel tips, weather....
Gateways, search engines and directories to country related sites and information....
Arab World: Middle East, North Africa, Arab and regional information. Resources to other Arab countries....
Most local links in other categories also include extensive or interesting country information.
All sites are in English or an English version is available except where indicated with flag(s) without "+".
The flag(s) means the site is available in the language of the flag(s). If more than 5 languages (other than Arabic or English) the UN flag is used, example
means 5 languages other than English or Arabic
means it is available in Arabic only and + is available in Arabic and English
General Information Also see Travel
- AME Info Geography, people, government, economy, communication, transportation
- Arab DataNet
Country profile, key facts, overview, economic review, political structure, sector analysis, investment, government, companies....
- ArabInfo Overview, government, history, links
- ArabNet Overview, history, geography, business, culture, government, transport, tour guide, links
- Atlapedia Geography, climate, people, demography, religion, education, modern history, currency, other information...
- BBC Country Profile Key facts, figures and dates
- Britannica.Com Country info, land, people, economy, society, government, history, culture, maps, statistics, links....
- CIA World Factbook Map, geography, people, government, economy, communications, transportation, military, issues
- Country Reports Economy, defense, geography, government, people, anthem, map, news, weather, links....
- Encarta OnLine Info, land & resources, population, economy, government, history, other related items, links....
- Encyclopaedia of the Orient Geography, politics, economy, health, education, religion, people, history, anthem, cities....
- Expedia Almanac, fast facts, communications, on business, health & safety, transportation, traveller's directory
- Focus OnLine Lebanon - Capital of the Middle East. General info, regions, tourism, cuisine, music, maps....
- Info Please General info, map, geography, government, history, land & people....
- Lebanon Home Page History, cities, regions, industry, attractions, community
- Lebanon in a Panoramic View A virtual visit
- MidEast.Com Beirut, Baalbeck, Tripoli, Aanjar, Byblos, Sidon, Jeita grotto, Zahle, the Cedars, Beiteddine, Tyre....
- MidEastUK Introduction, cities, essentials, services, slide show, map
- Nation By Nation Info, government, human rights, news, geography, history, people, links....
- US Department of State - Background Notes People, history, government, political conditions, economy, travel, business, foreign relations....
- US Library of Congress Everything you ever wanted to know about Lebanon....
- World66 General info, cities, history, people, economy, getting around, getting there, links....
Cities, Towns, Municipalities & Places
- Ain-Ebel Known as Arousset el Jnoub, the Bride of the South
- Ainab Municipality Classified as a tourist village
- Aley + Aley city, photos, guide, gateway, services....
- Alma-El-Chaab + A southern town in Tyre county on a lovely hill surrounded by valleys and enclaves
- Amioun Administrative center of the el Koura District. History, archeology, gallery....
- Anjar In the middle of the Bekaa valley
- Anjar Omayaad ruins in Lebanon
- Ankoun + Information about its geography, social and cultural life
- Baalbek Historians listed them among the 'wonders of the world'
- Batroun One of the oldest cities of the world and it's the capital of the Caza....
- Bintjbeil + More than 50% of Bint Jbeil's people have migrated....
- Brummana Lebanon's luxury heaven in the mountain
- Debel Churches, places, families and photos
- Dhour Choueir A village well known for its breathtaking scenery, populous pine trees, four season's weather, and friendly locals
- Joun Spread over seven hills at 400-500 meters above sea level overlooking Saida
- Jounieh Municipality, events, tourism, hotels, photos....
- Kalamoun Municipality, phone directory, photo gallery, history
- Kalamoun The town, history & culture, industry & products, gallery, news....
- Lwaiza A village in South Lebanon
- Miziara Bringing Miziarians together. History, picture gallery....
- Mlikh History, photo gallery, places....
- North Lebanon Villages & towns....
- Saida (Sidon) History, government, entertainment, education, directory....
- Tripoli News, history, social, tourism, business, sport, gateway
- Tripoli City Past & Present, media
- World Monuments Endangered sites: Enfeh, near Tripoli
- World Monuments Endangered sites: Ancient Tyre
- Zahle “The city of Wine and poetry”, the administrative and commercial capital of the Beqaa valley
Flag, Maps, Useful Information....
- Cellular News Cellular coverage map, systems, frequencies....
- Ethnologue Languages
- Flag Description, meaning, history, interesting facts and other flags
- Flag Explanation, historical, military & political flags....
- Maps Country & city, historical, thematic maps
- Maps Cities & towns. Global position, altitude, WAPF (weather) forcast,
- Wine of Lebanon Lebanon is one of the oldest sites of wine production in the world
- World Clock Local time, sunrise, sunset, GMT offset, daylight saving....
- World Paper Money Paper currency since 1944
* Arab Countries
Business and Economy
General, Economy, Reports & Statistics
- Australian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade Fact sheet (pdf) & travel information....
- Beirut Stock Exchange Markets, listed companies, authorized dealers, bulletins, news....
- Bilateral Relations with Japan Diplomatic, investment, economic cooperation, residents....
- Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Beirut To promote all sectors and activities of the private economy in Lebanon
- Lebanon and the IMF Position in the fund, reports....
- MBendi Business information, news, industries, events
- Muslim Trade Network Trade reference directory and guide....
- Organization of Islamic Countries + The most comprehensive database: statistical, economic and social
- Ports Focus Ports, harbours, marinas....
- US Department of State Country commercial guide 2001 (pdf)
- World Bank Overview, news & events, data & statistics, publications & reports, development topics, projects & programs, Public Information Center
- Al-Baraka Bank + Promote the concept and use of Islamic Banking practice
- Allied Business Bank A medium sized bank according to Lebanese standards
- Banque Audi All facets of commercial banking, private banking, investment banking and retail banking
- Banque du Liban Safeguarding of the currency in order to ensure a basis for sustained social and economic growth
- Banque Saradar + Products & services, financial markets, Netbank
- Beirut Riyad Bank Commercial banking operations and financial services
- Byblos Bank Provider of financial services to small and medium size enterprises
Directories, Job Opportunities
- Career Lebanon Online recruiters
- First Lebanon + Detailed, accurate and updated information about Lebanese companies. Information about Lebanon
- JC Conseil Recruitment & Executive Search....
- Made in Lebanon Commercial guide, fairs/exhibitions, industrial directory. Cedar's Land: History, culture, cuisine....
Investment & Promotion....
- Association of Lebanese Industrialists Concerted and balanced effort at promoting and developing industry in Lebanon
- Investment Development Authority To attract private capital investment in support of national development and reconstruction
- Italian Institute for Foreign Trade + Beirut activities, news from Italy....
- Window Arab World Internet advertising in Lebanon
* Arab Countries
Art, Culture & Sport
General Resources, Heritage....
- Al-Mashriq - The Levant Cultural riches & gateway
- Beiteddine Festival Welcomes the most talented and renowned international artists
- Tyre Festival Encourage talents in various cultural domains
Art, Literature, Photography, Cinema....
- Ameen Rihani Founder of the Arab American literature. Biography and works....
- George Khairallah Deco painter, paintings, graphics, gallery....
- Gibran Khalil Gibran Works, art, museum. Bsharri, biography....
- Haitham Kalakesh Digital Gallery
- Joseph Matar + Lebanon Art - Home of the artist painter
- Mariam Hallab Painter
- Marina Kharma Painter. Biography, gallery, info.... Closer Observation of Nature
- Michael Khoury "To find all that is truth in beauty whether physically or emotionally beautiful is why I paint"
- Tarek Atrissi Graphic designer
- Galerie Manon Works of various painters & sculptors
- M. Farroukh Museum Portraits, still life, landscapes....
- One Fine Art + Painters, sculptors, photographers, conceptual art, poets - Biographies and works
- Arab Film Distribution - Lebanon Features a wide range of narrative films, documentaries, visual essays and ethnographic films
- Internet Movie Database Movie & TV reports
Music, Song & Dance....
- Al-Mashriq - The Levant Famous artists. Biography, music, songs, films, discography
- Amin Sultan One of the most talented Middle Eastern singers in the United States
- Darine Hadchiti Profile, library, press, fan club
- Farid El-Atrash The king of the lute - An actor, a singer, a composer....
- Fairouz Information on Fairouz and the Rahbani brothers
- Fairouz + Life, history, achievements, plays, movies, concerts
- Nancy Ajram Biography, fans, news, galleries, magazine covers, press releases
- Nicola Osta Singer. Archives, photos, posters, MP3....
- Setrak Setrakian Composer & Pianist
- Ziad Rahbani Theatre, music & songs
Cultural, Scientific, Environmental, Health, Sporting Entities & Info
- Italian Institute of Culture + To strengthen the cultural ties between Lebanon and Italy
- Northen Ohio Lebanese American Association To serve the Lebanese-American community in Ohio through cultural, educational, humanitarion, and social activities
- Animal Info Threatened species, environmental and social data
- AquaStat Information on quantity and quality of freshwater and its availability
- BirdLife To determine the priorities for bird conservation in the region
- Green Plan Execute land rehabilitation and development projects
- LebaneseDoctors A resource for medical related topics and services....
- Al-Ansar Sporting Club Consists of motivated young players with high ambitions
- Dive Lebanon The complete guide to Scuba Diving in Lebanon
- Nejmeh Sporting Club One of the glorious Football [Soccer] teams in Lebanon
* Arab Countries
Schools, Colleges, Academies, Universities & Polytechnics
- American Community School An American-style education for Lebanese and international families
- Antonine Sisters School To provide quality education, to raise dynamic Christians and to develop responsible citizens
- Beirut International School Offering both the Lebanese baccalaureate system and the American system
- Brummana High School An international day and boarding school of all-round excellence in academics, the arts and sports
- Doha School An intellectual, cultural, and social force for those who seek education
- Centre International des Sciences Techniques + A private technical institute
- Collège des Apôtres La visée educative embrasse la formation spirituelle culturelle, scientifique et sportive de l'élève
- Cortbawi's Institution + Aims at constituting a place where thinking and action meet for the revival of the community spirit
- Francel College A private technical establishment for superior studies
- American University of Beirut Emphasizes scholarship that enables students to think for themselves
- Beirut University The first distance learning academic institution in the Middle East
- Beirut Arab University + Providing opportunities for higher learning to Arab students
- Haigazian University Offers quality education at a fair and affordable cost
- Lebanese American University It is at the crossroads of many interacting educational systems
- Notre Dame University Will meet the immediate and subsequent spiritual, scientific and cultural requirements of our youth
- La Sagesse University The first higher institute of Law
- Université Antonine
- Université Libanaise Elle est la seule université publique des 24 établissements de l'enseignement supérieur au Liban
- Université Saint-Joseph
- University of Balamand Committed to raising future generations in the immutable Eastern values....
Institutions & Organizations
- Hariri Foundation Its mission is to make education a means for the development of the young in Lebanon
- International Education Council + University Distance Learning & Guiding Programs
- Old Scholars Association Brummana High School - Events, history....
- Rawdat Al-Fayhaa Alumni Association To provide a way of communication between the Alumni club and its members
Research, Resources & Projects
- Cartage + Provides support to the education community in Lebanon and the Middle East
- National Council for Scientific Research Assigned with the initiation and support of scientific research programs and activities
* Arab Countries
History, Human Right & Politics
Ancient & Modern....
- BBC Timeline A chronology of key events
- People of Lebanon Inform on a number of issues, including the modern history of Lebanon, humanitarian issues, politics, war crimes and international law
- Political Geography Land and people, economy, government, history....
- Rafik Hariri + Biography, family, initiatives, accomplishments, cabinet statements, statesmanship....
- World Statesmen Flags, chronology, rulers, governors, ministers, commissioners....
Human Rights, Politics & Political Parties....
- Amnesty International + News, reports, urgent action. Latest annual report....
- Human Rights Watch + Human rights developments & report
- National Committee for Lebanese Detainees in Israeli Jails + To extend aid for detainees and their families
- US Department of State Country reports on human rights practices
- Campaign for Good Governance in Lebanon To expose the corruption and other ills befalling the government and society....
- Free Patriotic Movement +
- Lebanese Democratic Movement Towards a new advanced society, and a more developed state
- Lebanese Forces Party To resist foreign occupation and the concerted effort to destroy all that the country has stood for....
- Lebanese Maronite League +
To help the community exercise its influence and underscore it's contributions
- Lebanese Popular Conference Kamal Chatila....
- National Liberal Party To serve Lebanon by propagating the liberal and democratic principles of Camille Chamoun
- Progressive Socialist Party Aims at building the society on democratic bases
- US Committee for a Free Lebanon A human rights watch group and a humanitarian activist organization....
- World Lebanese Organization Self determination of Lebanon's Christians, human rights and democracy for people in the ME
Related Sites, Articles....
- Al-Bushra - Arab American Roman Catholic Community What do you know about Lebanon? Plenty of interesting articles....
- Constitution Background, history & news
- Elections Results, parties, parliament, electoral institutes, electoral calendar, political database....
* Arab Countries
Visit Arab Media for satellite stations & Arab newspapers
- Al-Afkar + Weekly magazine
- Al-Ahed Weekly newspaper
- Al-Akhbar Daily newspaper
- Al-Aman Weekly political magazine
- Al-Anwar Daily newspaper
- Al-Diyar Daily newspaper
- Al-Intiqad + Weekly political magazine
- Al-Kifah Al-Arabi Weekly magazine
- Al-Liwaa Daily newspaper
- Al-Markazia Daily newspaper
- Al-Mawed Weekly cultural, social magazine
- Al-Mustaqbal Daily newspaper
- Al-Nabaa Weekly magazine
- Al-Nahar Daily newspaper
- Al-Noujoum Monthly magazine
- Al-Safeer Daily newspaper
- Al-Tamaddon Weekly political newspaper - Tripoli, Lebanon
- Al-Watan Al-Arabi Weekly magazine
- Beirut Times + Weekly cultural, social and political newspaper (USA)
- Femme Magazine Le premier mensuel feminin libanais
- L'Orient Le Jour La Journal
- La Revue du Liban Hebdomadaire d'informations en ligne du Liban
- Magazine L'hebdo qui fait le poids
OnLine News, Newsletters, News Agencies....
- Al-Markazia Central News Agency - Online Arabic Newspaper, covering political, social, economical and local news about Lebanon
- Beirut News Totally Dedicated to Lebanon and the internet community
- Daily Star Online news....
- Lebanese Community News Journal Online Lebanese Newspaper that uplifts Lebanon's image in the U.S. & worldwide
- Lebanon-Online Internet magazine. Up to the minute political, business, sports, entertainment, and cultural news....
- Lebanon Press Online news
- Lebanon Wire Live news....
- Monday Morning Weekly political news magazine
- National News Agency + News & archives....
- Teckies Online magazine - Computers & internet
- Washington Post News & references
- Yahoo full news coverage
Radio, TV, Internet....
- Al-Manar TV Different , compared to the general visual media in Lebanon
- Al-Nour Radio Live radio, News....
- Beirut Nights Radio Best radio in Eurodance, trendy Arabic music, French 80s and other Mediterranean music
- Future TV Network Programs, news, debates
- Lebanese Broadcasting Corporation (LBC) A general entertainment channel with a core target market being the ‘Lebanese Family
- Lebanon Voice Chat, News, Events, Horoscope, eCards, Jokes, Radio, Polls, Lebanon, Gallery....
- Murr TV - MTV Local, regional and international news, games, sport, live TV
- National Broadcasting Network (NBN) + Debates on political, social, cultural, business and sports, documentaries and thematic programs
- Radio Delta Artistic & Educational programs - FM 102.5 Mhz
- Radio Free Lebanon Live radio....
- Radio Nostalgie Liban Programmes, Evenements, Concours, Cinema, Musique, live Radio
- Radio One Live online
- Radio One Live radio....
- Radio Orient Live radio, schedule....
- Radio Voix de la Charité Service de l'homme et de la société
- Radio Voix du Liban + AM873, FM93.3
- Wa3ad (Promise) TV Supporting the Resistance Movement
- Lebanon Undernet To provide IRC users with a good place to meet, exchange ideas, and generally have fun
Articles, Reports, Cartoons....
- One World + Articles and news from different sources
* Arab Countries
Visit Arab Organizations for Pan-Arab, Middle East, North Africa and regional organizations
Government & Organizations....
Government, Ministries, Overseas Missions, Embassies....
- Central Administration for Statistics + Stock-listing the statistics established by several administrations
- Central Inspection Board + Monitor the actions of the public administrative departments....
- Chiefs of State and Cabinet Members
- Political Leaders Dates and figures of the leadership since 1943 (with pictures)
- Civil Service Board + Administrative reform
- Le Conseil Constitutionnel
- Court Audit + Empowered to exercise judicial supervision over the expenditure of public funds
- Council for Development and Reconstruction +
Preparing general plan for the country, , implementing projects....
- Internal Security Forces + Securing the citizens' welfare and the safety of their properties .
- Lebanese Armed Forces The main factor of national unity and stability, the shield of the state against potential dangers
- Lebanese Parliament +
- Ministry of Agriculture Providing the necessary information pertaining to the Lebanese agriculture sector
- Ministry of Displaced Concerned with the affairs of the displaced and their return to their areas and villages
- Ministry of Economy and Trade + Information to facilitate trade transactions and support export promotion.
- Ministry of Environment Controlling all forms of pollution, deforestation, protection of fauna and flora, and urbanization....
- Ministry of Public Health +
- Ministry of Public Works +
Responsible for most roads and government buildings, planning the cities and villages....
- Ministry of Tourism Practical & detailed information about all aspects of the country
- Embassy of Lebanon - Ottowa, Canada Consular, general, tourism, business, news, links....
- Embassy of Lebanon - Rome, Italy
- Embassy of Lebanon - Washington, USA Info, consular affairs, tourism, culture, business, statistics, news, links....
- Honorary Consulate of Lebanon in Monaco
Corporations, Organizations, Public Hospitals and Industrial Entities
- Sustainable Development Networking Programme To integrate environmental concerns with sustainable development
- Al-Koura Hospital To offer a service that complies to all international standards of quality in a family surrounding
- Chronic Care Centre Treatment and follow-up of childhood chronic diseases
- Dar Al-Ajaza Al-Islamia Hospital A charitable human institution offering common medical aid
- LebanonHealth A listing of over 16,000 healthcare providers and health related products in Lebanon
- Sahel General Hospital Extending services to a population exceeding 700 thousand
Centres, Institutions, Societies....
- Al-Mabarrat Charitable Association + Striving for the sponsoring of the orphan, his upbringing, his education....
- Al-Siraj Al-Munir Islamic Association Teaching Islam through understanding the Quran and Sunnah....
- Centre des Archives Nationales
- Centre de Recherche et de Développement Pédagogiques
- Community of Maryam & Martha Humanitarian association in Lebanon that caters for women's need for shelter, rehabilitation, and social reintegration
- Dar El-Fatwa +
- The Druze Orphanage + Provides orphans and children of broken homes with lodging, food, clothing and schooling
- Friends of the Disabled Association To provide care for persons with mental retardation and other disabilities
- Lebanese Centre for Policy Studies + Research on issues relevant to the political, social, and economic development
- Lebanese Red Cross Humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity, universality
- Popular Aid Committee + Medical and social centres in Beirut and all over Lebanon
- The Social Welfare Institutions - Dar Al-Aytam + Concerned with the conditions of orphans
- Australian Embassy Consular section, trade commission, visa and immigration services, info about Australia....
- British Embassy The embassy offers consular, commercial and visa services to members of the public....
- French Embassy
- German Embassy + Commercial, consular, cultural, press departments....
- Italian Embassy + Consular office, economic, cooperation & commercial office, news, events....
- Japanese Embassy Bilateral relations, trade with Japan, grassroots grant, profile of Japan, visa requirements....
- Netherlands Embassy Commercial, consular, cultural, tourism, & education sections, Netherlands, links....
- US Embassy + Consular, commercial and public affairs sections, journals, articles....
- British Counsil Library and information services, events, news, conferences, learn English
- Lebanese American Professional Society Network - LAPSNET Dedicated to the Lebanese professional community abroad
- United Nations United Nations Development Programme
- US Committee for Refugees Reports on conditions for refugees and internally displaced persons
- USAID Assistance to Lebanon....
- USAID Assistance to Lebanon....
- World Health Organization Tobacco & health, socio-economic situation
* Arab Countries
Travel & Tourism
Airlines, Air, Sea & Coach Charters Services
- Middle East Airlines - MEA Timetable, service info, cedar miles, special offers, fleet, news....
- Trans Mediterranean Airways - TMA Round the world all cargo service. Air services linking USA with Middle East
- Airports Airport names, cities and codes
- Beirut International Airport Linking Lebanon with the outside world
Travel, Tours, Guides.... More country info
- Bookinn Access to hotels, car rentals, restaurants, night clubs and links to information that are of interest....
- Ma3loumat Information - Lebanon Handbook
- LebGuide Information about Lebanon, a detailed history of the country, a presentation of the main touristic sites, Lebanese cuisine
- Ski Faraya Mzaar Skiing holidays in the Faraya Mzaar resort - Ouyoune El Siman
- SkiLeb Skiing & snowboarding in Lebanon. Country profile, history of skiing
- Syaha Online +
Wining and dining, Hotels, Furnished apartments, Where to go, Travel agencies, Car rentals, Shopping, What's on, Useful Information,,,,
- Travel to Lebanon.Com +
Travel guide. Tourism, arts & culture, nitelife, business traveller, cuisine, Beaches & Waterparks, festivals, museums....
- Travel to Lebanon.Net Hotel Selection, Apartment Rentals, Sight Seeing Tours, City Map....
- Lonely Planet Travel information, maps, photos, background historical and cultural information
- Middle East Travel Accommodation, history, after hours, travel info, addresses, cities & sights, business....
- Travel Guide General & travel info, money, duty free, health, accommodation, visas....
- Travel Puppy Lebanon travel information & guide
- World Travel Guide Accommodation, addresses, business, climate, essentials, resort, social, travel
Hotels & Restaurants....
- Acroplis Hotel + Jounieh bay, includes a guide to Lebanon
- Barouk Palace Hotel Shouf region - A resort where guests can enjoy a variety of facilities without having to leave the hotel
- Beirut Hotel "Best hotel, best service, best of Beirut"
- Berkeley Hotel Beirut. Boutique hotel that caters for every travelers needs
- Chtaura Park Hotel Invigorating climate, healthy clear air with pleasant surroundings....
- Holiday Suites Hotel & Beach Resort On the water front of the Mediterranean Sea Coast in the bay of Jounieh
- Marriott Beirut Hotel Well located for access to the famous tourist sites
- M?venpick Hotel & Resort Beirut - Adjacent to the legendary Corniche Promenade
- Paradise Residence Hamra - Receptionist, security, room-maid and porters services are available round the clock
- Rest House A walking distance from the major shopping centre and the famous ruins of Tyr
- Rotana Hotels, Inns & Suites Beirut
- Suite Hotel Uniquely positioned on the rising hills of Beirut , with views of the beautiful Mediterranean - Jal El-Dib
- White Tower Hotel Ideally located halfway between the city centre of Beirut and the famous area of Kaslik
- All Hotels Hotels, description & rates
- Hotels Travel Hotels directory & tourist information
- Inn26 Hotels and motels directory, local info....
- Lebanon Hotels Booking at discount rates in Beirut hotels and other lebanese regions
- Lebanon Hotels Travel Guide Offers hotels and resorts online reservations
- New Steps Travel & Tourism Hotel Reservation in Lebanon, restaurants, nightlife, touristic sites....
- Burj Al Hamam - Fawzi "The Art of Lebanese Cuisine" - Restaurant
Health & Travel Tips
- Foreign & Commonwealth Office Travel information, country advise, latest travel updates....
- Travel Document Systems Passports, visas, travel documents
- US Consular Information Visa, health, crime/drug penalties....
- Weather Underground Temperature, humidity, pressure
- Yahoo Weather By city. Forcast, sunrise, sunset, humidity, wind, dewpoint....
* Arab Countries
Visit Arab Gateways for Arab and other country links
Gateways to Lebanon
- Go-Leb Lebanese Website Directory....
- Lebanese White Pages A unique resource that allows to reunite friends, create new relationships....
- Lebanon.Com Online resources....
- The Lebanon.Com + Lebanon Country Guide, backed by an Art and Science oriented Web Site Directory
- Lebanon Links Lebanese web & telephone Directory, travel guide, events, shopping....
- LebHost Web sites organized by topic. News....
- LebSeek Web sites organized by topic. News....
- LebWeb A comprehensive Lebanese Directory, with categorized links to Lebanese sites, updates, resources and more....
- LibanSite A comprehensive and human-edited Lebanese Directory
- UpGo Search engine, directory, news,....
- Top Lebanese Sites Categorized links
* Arab Countries